CAREER GUIDANCE, TRAINING, PLACEMENT
The Training and Placement Office at AMPS K T PATIL group of Institute provides guidance on all aspects of career planning, job searching and post-graduate studies. The Cell strives to provide individual counseling for all the students towards their career goals. The Institute has an independent Training and Placement Office headed by a Professor designated as Training and Placement Officer and supported by a Placement Coordinator of each department.
The Training and Placement Cell has been striving continuously for the placement of the students in reputed organizations. Also, assistance is given to students who are not placed through campus interviews, to take up jobs through off campus mode. Reputed national and multinational companies visit the college for campus recruitment annually. Good number of the students secure job offers before they complete their courses.
Availability of Career Guidance facilities:
The activities of career guidance is taken care by Training and Placement Cell and its activities can be classified into:
- Pre Placement training for the recruitment process in soft skills, aptitude and technical training, etc.
- Career guidance.
- Conducting placement drives.
- Assistance in industrial training and internship.
- Support to students for appearing GATE Exam.
The Training and Placement Cell at ASPM K T PATIL’S functions under the administrative control of President as Training and Placement Coordinator, along with Department Faculty and student coordinators provide career guidance, placement training and arrange placement drives for its students.
- A well furnished training center with 120 Core i5 systems has been setup to provide Technical training, Conduct workshops, webinars, seminars and online tests. The setup is interconnected with Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet Speed up to 100 MBPS.
Counselling for Higher Studies
The students are made aware of higher study opportunities by the Head of the Department/ faculty. The need for a GATE score to get employment in public sector units is highlighted. The students are encouraged to appear for GATE and the Institute motivates them by reimbursing the GATE fees. The department faculty guide/train students for their GATE preparation. This also helps the students to prepare for entrance examination conducted by the state government/Indian Universities for higher studies.
The students are also made aware of opportunities through GRE, GMAT, TOEFL/IELTS. Alumni who have done their higher studies in foreign universities conduct seminar whenever they visit the college.
- The placement cell organizes on-campus and off-campus recruitments and pre placement training programs in aptitude test, group discussions, interviews and presentation. The pre-placement training is embedded in the curriculum from the academic year 2016-17 as follows
- Communication Skill – I and II semester
- Soft Skills – III and IV Semester
- Aptitude – V and VI Semester
- Professional trainers are hired to handle the above courses.
- Earlier the Pre-Placement training was conducted for a duration of 3 to 6 days during the semester/vacation from the III semester onwards. By introducing pre-placement training as a course in the curriculum, the delivery of the course is steady, the learning is effective and the performance is measurable.
Placement Process and Support
The students who are interested in placement are informed to register in the Training and Placement Office (TPO) at the end of VI semester. The students are categorised under below 60, 60+, 65+ and 70+ based on their academic performance in 10th, 12th and Engineering (upto VI semester). They are further categorized under IT and non-IT related domains.
The TPO approaches the companies either in person or through mail along with the details of the students performance and invites them for the campus drive.