STUDENT NURSES’ ASSOCIATION (SNA)
The Student Nurses’ Association is a nationwide organization that aims for reaping the Best Nurses by sowing the seeds right from the student period. It was established at the K T Patil College of Nursing in 2011
ACTIVITIES OF SNA
The SNA Strives hard for the upliftment of the students through professional, educational, extracurricular activities.
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING
The board members meet together & plan the activities for the whole year under the guidance of SNA President & SNA Advisor. The executive committee meet regularly to plan & discus about various activities
GENERAL BODY MEETING
The general body meeting will be conducted once in two months, where the students express their views and problems. The participants & winners of various competitions will be congratulated
The responsibilities of the vice president as follows:
- To supervise the functions of all committees.
- Have to organize all the programmes which will held by SNA.
- Should act as a representative for all the students.
- Have to take decision after discussing with other committee members and with SNA Advisor
- All the informations regarding students should be informed to president and SNA Advisor.
- Should not take individual decision.
The functions of the secretary are as follows:
- Should act as a vice president in the absence of vice president.
- Understands the problems of students.
- To supervise and manage the problems of various committees.
- Encourage the committee members and students to participate in various programmes.
- Conduct and organise the porgrammes.
The functions of the treasurer are as follows:
- Issues money for the various department functions.
- Have to conduct fund raising programme every month.
- To collect fine money in correct time.
- Have to maintain records and receipts for all the expenses.
- Have to report to president and all students regarding the expenditure and savings in SNA.
- Issue money with the knowledge of vice president and secretary.
- Avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Has to maintain a note book which recording the income and expenditure of SNA unit.
- Report should be submitted during the SNA meeting.
Students participate in various committees and modulate the institutional functioning for excellence
- The institution also has constituted various committees with student’s representation on each committee (Student Welfare, Sports, Editorial, Health, Cultural, Library, Mess, Curriculum).Groups of committee are monitored by respective faculties.
- Discussing the common problems to the respective teachers which the students are facing in clinical, college and hostel.
- Motivating the students to participate in various programmes
- The students relaxes by doing yoga
- All the students are expected to interact only in English
- The sports committee is responsible for motivating the students to take part in sports.
- Maintaining the sports articles and First Aid Box.
- Helping the staff in-charge to conduct sports competitions successfully.
- Maintaining record of the Sports events and winners list.
- Responsible for displaying the newspapers and writing proverbs in the bulletin board
- Editorial Committee is responsible for motivating the student to prepare wall magazine.
- Responsible to edit articles, Literature, other current information to be published in the Magazine.
- Encourage the students to maintain healthy life style and healthy environment.
- Helping the staff to update their health record.
- Checking cleanliness once in a week in all the students room
- Maintenance and updating of health record.
- Caring of students those who fell sick and inform to the College authority.
- Motivate the students to participate in the cultural events
- Schedule and conduct the cultural events
- Costumes and other necessary things are arranged by the committee members
- Maintaining records of the cultural events and winner list
- Motivate the students to follow the rules and regulations of the library
- Find out from the students whether the library is user friendly
- Feel free to task for necessary modification in library timing and utilization
- Get suggestion from the students about the curriculum students friendly
- Find out problems faced by the students in curriculum implemented strategies
- Motivate students to develop study habits
- Promote peer mentoring.
- Maintaining hygiene in Mess
- Getting suggestion
- Following mess rules and regulations
- Committee members take responsibility to monitor that no students skips the meals.
- Reporting the problems related to the mess and inform to the mess in charge.
- The ultimate aim of education is to build a confident in individual contributing to the upliftment of society.